Benefits of Local Membership
- Networking opportunities with local businesses, other organizations, and community leaders.
- Involvement with partnering organization’s events and resources, including the Salem Contractors Exchange.
- Career and educational programs, including numerous opportunities to obtain continuing education credits, free of charge.
- Frequent tours and presentations relating to local projects, providing members behind-the-scenes access to some of the biggest and most relevant construction projects in the area.
- Support, encouragement, and resources from other members who are involved in similar fields of work.
- Outreach to students and local community through Construction Career Days, and scholarship and educational programs.
Benefits of National Membership
- Employee recruitment.
- Marketing/advertisement opportunities for your company.
- Access to a national and local resource network.
- Discounts on travel, construction-related publications, office supplies/business needs, and shipping.
- Industry Speakers
- Legislative/Legal Updates
- Career/Job Leads
- Community Outreach Projects
- Connection to women in the industry
NAWIC provides many educational programs for construction industry employees and women looking for work in the field
- Speakers discuss topics which are construction-related or business issues, and frequently eligible for state-required continuing eduction credits for contractors.
- NEF (NAWIC Education Foundation), seeks to educate the construction industry and nurture tomorrow’s workforce. It provides many educational opportunities including certification programs.
- Community service projects, such as Construction Career Day and Block Kids, provide information about the construction industry as a career to school age children.
- Regional conferences deliver educational seminars, workshops and networking.
- Chapters present seminars on pertinent topics to the construction industry, as a way to fund our various scholarship and other educational programs.
- NAWIC’s national website provides web-based programs and Internet courses.
Our chapter awards an annual scholarship to a qualified students in the construction field, including construction management, architecture, design, etc. Our scholarship amount varies by year, and has continued to grow over the years. We have awarded as much as two $2,000 scholarships in a year.